- LYCEUM NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Doctorate of Public Administration, Honoris Causa
September 24, 2015
- UNIVERSITY OF LUZON
Doctorate of Humanities on Public Administration, Honoris Causa
November 10, 2011
- UNIVERSITY OF LUZON
Bachelor of Science in Management, 1977
- City Mayor City of Dagupan, 2022 to present
- City Mayor City of Dagupan, 2013 to 2019
- Vice Mayor City of Dagupan, 2007 to 2013
- City Councilor City of Dagupan, 1995 to 1998
- President CSI Group of Companies, 1997 to 2013
HONORS, AWARDS, RECOGNITION
As the Local Chief Executive, Dagupan City earned the following awards for LGU:
- NATIONAL ANTI-DRUG ABUSE COUNCIL SILVER AWARDEE (95% RATING- IDEAL PERFORMANCE)- Tent City, Manila Hotel, Metro Manila on December 28, 2018
- OVERALL MOST COMPETITIVE CITY (Component City Category) – 2018, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 in Government Efficiency- 2018, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 in Economic Dynamism- 2018, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- 2018 National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index Rank # 14 – National Overall Competitiveness, Rank #13 -Nationwide Economic Dynamism, Rank #7 – Nationwide Government Efficiency.
- 2017 Presidential Award for Child-Friendly Municipalities and Cities – Most Child-Friendly City In The Country (Independent Component City Category), conferred by President Rodrigo Duterte during the Gawad Parangal held at the Heroes Hall in the Malacañang Palace on December 5.
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Best Performing Shared Service Facilities (SSF) project in Pangasinan and in the entire Ilocos Region, SSF Awarding and Recognition Ceremony at Hotel Ariana in Bauang, La Union on December 7.
- Balon Dagupan Children’s Choir, Semi-Finalist, and 2nd Runner Up during the MBC National Choral Competition held at the Aliw Theater, December 4 to 8, 2018.
- “Masidhing Paghanga” award by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), given on November 8, 2018 at Sulo Riviera Hotel, Diliman Quezon City, Metro Manila.
- 2018 NATIONAL AWARDEE -Outstanding Local Government Unit, National Literacy Awards for Outstanding LGUs on Literacy Programs (Independent Component Cities), Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza in Baguio City on September 6.
- Outstanding Local Government Unit (Independent Component and Component Cities), 2018 Regional Literacy Awards, awarded by the Department of Education Regional Office I )
- Champion, 2018 Region 1 Athletic Association (R1AA) Meet, Best Performing Delegation (Over-all), and Best Performing Secondary Delegation with 71 gold, 51 silver, and 34 bronze medals at Alaminos City, February 10-15.
- National Awardee – 2017 Outstanding Local Civil Registry Office (Super Extra Large Category) of the Philippine Statistics Authority during the 9th National Workshop on Civil Registration, June 6, 2018 at SMX Convention Center, Pasay City
- 2017 Best City in Region 1 in the Implementation of Infectious Diseases Program, Pammadayaw ti DOH 2017, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Convention Hall, San Fernando City, La Union, December 14.
- National finalist Presidential Award for Child-Friendly Municipalities and Cities, December 12, 2017 at Malacañan Palace
- 2017 Seal of Good Local Governance Awardee, SGLG National Conferment Ceremony at Manila Hotel, City of Manila, November 27, 2017
- Balon Dagupan Children’s Choir, Champion- 2017 National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA) Children’s Choir category, November 26 at Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) A.B. Fernandez Avenue, Dagupan City
- Samahan ng Maliliit na Mangingisda sa Dagupan City (SMalManDaCi) – National Finalist, St. Vincent de Paul National Awards during the 4th St. Vincent de Paul National Awarding Ceremony, Adamson University Theater, September 26, 2017
- DAGUPAN CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY, OUTSTANDING TECH4ED CENTER (Emerging Center Category), Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) 12th Knowledge Exchange Conference, Heritage Hotel in Manila, September 15, 2017
- Recognized by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in the region as the Best Performing PESO (City category), 2017 Regional PESO Congress and Year-End Performance and Assessment, Savannah Hotel Resort in Angeles City, Pampanga, February 26-28.
- Awarded the 2016 DILG Seal of Local Good Governance, SGLG National Conferment Ceremony at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Pasay City, October 27, 2016
- Selected by the Office of the Vice President as among the 50 pilot beneficiaries of Angat Buhay Program last October 10, 2016, at SMX Convention Center
- National finalist Presidential Award for Child-Friendly Cities, September 26, 2016, at Malacañan Palace
- Top 2 Outstanding Tech4Ed Center, July 22, 2016, awarded by the Department of Information and Communication Technology
- Champion – Balon Dagupan Children’s Choir, 2016 Malaysia International Children’s Choral Festival, Shah Alam City Council, Malaysia, July 16, 2016.
- 2016 Regional Literacy Award, awarded by Department of Education Region 1, July 2016
- 2016 Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance Audit, April 24, 2016, awarded by Council Board of CWC
- Proclaimed as Top 10 Next Wave Cities in the Country by the Department of Science and Technology-Information and Communications Technology Office (DOST-ICTO), Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), and Leechiu Property Consultants (LPC) at Makati Shangri-La, March 30, 2016.
- Most Institutionalized City Advisory Council of 4Ps, February 12, 2016, awarded by DSWD Regional Office 1
- 2016 Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance, January 29, 2016, awarded by the Council for the Welfare of Children
- The coveted 2015 DILG Seal of Good Local Governance, November 28, 2016, awarded by RCC, Department of Trade and Industry
- Finalist 2015 Search for Outstanding Public Libraries and Special Programs on Local History, November 4, 2015, awarded by NCCA, National Library of the Philippines and Philippine Librarian Association
- The coveted 2015 DILG Seal of Good Local Governance, conferred at the Oasis Hotel, 17 September 2015
- 2015 National Finalist Presidential Award for Child-Friendly Cities, May 8, 2015, awarded by the Council for the Welfare of Children, Department of Interior and Local Government and the Department of Health
- 2015 Philhealth Agila Award for the Best Forerunner in Sponsored Program Implementation – City Category, May 28, 2015, awarded by Phil Health, Region 1
- 2015 Region 1 Most Child-Friendly City, February 18, 2015, awarded by the Department of Social Worker and Development, Region 1
- 2015 Gawad Kalasag Exceptional Risk Reduction and Management Service Award, February 15, 2015, awarded by PDRRMC
- 2015 Natataging Lingkod-Maralita awarded by the Department of Social Worker and Development, Region 1
- 2015 Most Resourceful City by the League of Cities of the Philippines
- 2015 Rafael M. Salas Population and Development Merit Award
- 2015 Gawad Kalasag – Independent Component City Category, Region 1
- Most Functional City Advisory Council of 4Ps in Region 1
- 2015 Gawad Kalasag Exceptional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service Award
- 2014 Seal of Good Local Financial Housekeeping, July 13, 2015, awarded by the Department of Interior and Local Government
- 2014 Gawad Kalasag Exceptional DRRM Service Award, February 6, 2015 awarded by OCD, NDRRMC
- 2014 Second Place, Search for Outstanding Libraries with Services for People with Disabilities, November 4, 2014, awarded by the National Library of the Philippines
- 2014 Best Police Station, July 7, 2014, awarded by Police Provincial Office
- 2014 Best Local Chief Executive Awardee, June 30, 2014, awarded by PNP Regional Office 1
- 2014 Second Runner-Up, Most Outstanding LGU-Implementer Coastal Resource Management (City Category) awarded by Regional Development Council 1
- 2014 DILG Seal of Good Local Financing awarded by the Department of Social Worker and Development, Region 1
- 2014 National Finalist – Presidential Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance
- 2014 Hall of Famer with Plaque of Recognition awarded by Dangerous Drugs Board Secretary Antonio Bebot Villar Jr.
- 2012-2013 Ten Outstanding Civil Registry Offices in the Philippines (Extra Large Category), September 8, 2014, awarded by the Philippines Statistics Authority
- National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index from Rank #44 (2014) to Rank #19 (2015) to Rank #15 (2016) to Rank #13 (2017)
- Ranked #1 in Most Competitive Component City- 2016, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 in Government Efficiency- 2016, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 in Economic Dynamism- 2016, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #2 in Infrastructure- 2016, Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 as 2017 Most Competitive City in Region 1, National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
- Ranked #1 in Infrastructure, ranked #1 in Government Efficiency, Ranked #1 in Economic Dynamism in the 2017 Regional National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index
She was also conferred the following distinctions:
- TRAILBLAZER AWARDEE in recognition of her pioneering efforts in improving public service and education through the use of Information and Communication Technology. Given during the ICT Summit held at Leisure Coast Resort, Bonuan Dagupan City on June 28, 2018
- Commended by the Philippine National Police (PNP) – Regional Office I for her invaluable support in the implementation of PRO1 programs and projects.
- Appointed as 2013-2016 Regional Peace & Order Council (RPOC) Chairperson Region 1
- 2015 Batch Valedictorian by the League of Cities of the Philippines
- 2014 Commendation for Outstanding Leadership for Mayor Belen T. Fernandez, October 7, 2014 at Milpitas City Government, USA
- 2014 Pangasinan Achiever Awardee by the Pangasinan Association of Columnists & Editors
- Prime mover for the creation and approval of a new Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) from a 38-year-old Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP 1978)
- Received recognition from POEA for her support to OFWs
She attended the following national and international conferences:
- GEOCLOUD INTEGRATED INFORMATION SYSTEM TRAINING FOR ADVANCEMENT REGIONAL DISASTER PREVENTION, JAPAN, May 18 -23 2017
- Presenter- 2017 LUZON ECOZONE SUMMIT at Newtown Plaza Baguio City, March 23-24, 2017
- Delegate- WCCD GLOBAL CITIES SUMMIT WORLD COUNCIL ON CITY DATA (WCCD), GLOBAL CITIES SUMMIT 2017, Hotel Armani- Dubai, UAE, March 7-9, 2017
- Philippine Delegate- 2017 FEDERALISM AND GOOD GOVERNANCE BEST PRACTICE LEARNING FOR CHANGE: AN INTERNATIONAL BENCHMARKING PROGRAM, Washington DC, USA, January 23-27, 2017
- Resource Speaker– UNITED NATIONS OPEN-ENDED INFORMAL CONSULTATIVE PROCESS ON OCEANS AND THE LAW OF THE SEA, United Nations Headquarters New York City, June 13-17, 2016
- Resource Speaker- The Newly Elected Officials (NEO) Program- Basic Orientation for Local Chief Executives- Baguio City, August 31, 2016
- Panelist – 2ND “OUR OCEAN” CONFERENCE, Sheraton Miramar Hotel, Region of Valparaiso, Chile, October 5-6, 2015
- Panelist – APEC 2015 CITY MAYOR’S FORUM Building Better Cities Cebu City, September 3-4, 2015
- Resource Speaker 6th GLOBAL CONFERENCE OF THE ALLIANCE FOR HEALTHY CITIES BY THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, Hong Kong October 30, 2014
- Resource Speaker SOUTH ASIA REGIONAL WORKSHOP AND MAYOR’S FORUM Kandy, Sri Lanka, May 8-9, 2014
- DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUE: BUILDING RESILIENCE AND EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE OF EMERGING CITIES IN ASIA Held at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore March 31 to April 1, 2014
- 2014 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SMART CITIES, University of the Philippines School of Urban Planning, November 14-15, 2014