Mayor Belen T. Fernandez
A.B. Fernandez Avenue, Dagupan City
UNIVERSITY OF LUZON
Bachelor of Science in Management, 1977
UNIVERSITY OF LUZON
Doctorate of Humanities on Public Administration,
November 10, 2011
LYCEUM NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Doctorate of Public Administration, Honoris Causa
September 24, 2015
City Mayor City of Dagupan, 2013 to present
Vice Mayor City of Dagupan, 2007 to 2013
City Councilor City of Dagupan, 1995 to 1998
President CSI Group of Companies, 1997 to 2013
HONORS, AWARDS, RECOGNITION
- As Local Chief Executive for Dagupan, earned the following awards for LGU:
- Awarded the 2016 DILG Seal of Local Good Governance, SGLG National Conferment Ceremony at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Pasay City, October 27, 2016.
- National finalist Presidential Award for Child Friendly Cities, September 26, 2016 at Malacañan Palace.
- Selected by the Office of the Vice President as among the 50 pilot beneficiaries of Angat Buhay Program last October 10, 2016 at SMX Convention Center.
- The coveted 2015 DILG Seal of Good Local Governance, conferred at the Oasis Hotel, 17 September 2015.
- 2014 DILG Seal of Good Local Financial Housekeeping
- 2014 National Finalist Presidential Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance
- 2014 Hall of Famer with Plaque of Recognition awarded by Dangerous Drugs Board Secretary Antonio Bebot Villar Jr.
- 2015 Philhealth Agila Award for the Best Forerunner in Sponsored Program Implementation City Category
- 2015 Most Resourceful City by the League of Cities of the Philippines
- 2015 Rafael M. Salas Population and Development Merit Award.
- 2015 Gawad Kalasag Independent Component City Category, Region 1
- Most Functional City Advisory Council of 4Ps in Region 1
- 2015 Gawad Kalasag Exceptional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service Award
- 2015 Region 1 Most Child-Friendly City
- 2015 Natatanging Lingkod-Maralita Awardee
- National Competitiveness Council, Cities & Municipalities Competitiveness Index from rank #44 (2014) to rank #19 (2015) to rank #15 (2016)
- Most Competitive Component City 2016, Region 1
- She was also conferred the following distinctions:
- 2014 Best Local Chief Executive Awardee by the PNP Regional Office I
- 2015 Batch Valedictorian by the League of Cities of the Philippines
- Prime mover for the creation and approval of a new Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) from a 38 year-old Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP 1978)
- Resource Speaker- The Newly Elected Officials (NEO) Program- Basic Orientation for Local Chief Executives- Baguio City, August 31, 2016
- Panelist “ 2nd OUR OCEAN CONFERENCE, Sheraton Miramar Hotel, Region of Valparaiso, Chile, October 5-6, 2015
- Panelist “ APEC 2015 CITY MAYOR’S FORUM Building Better Cities Cebu City, September 3-4, 2015
- Resource Speaker 6th GLOBAL CONFERENCE OF THE ALLIANCE FOR HEALTHY CITIES BY THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, Hong Kong October 30, 2014
- Resource Speaker SOUTH ASIA REGIONAL WORKSHOP AND MAYOR’S FORUM Kandy, Sri Lanka, May 8-9, 2014
- DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUE: BUILDING RESILIENCE AND EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE OF EMERGING CITIES IN ASIA Held at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore March 31 to April 1, 2014
- 2014 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SMART CITIES, University of the Philippines School of Urban Planning, November 14-15, 2014
- Resource Speaker “ UNITED NATIONS OPEN-ENDED INFORMAL CONSULTATIVE PROCESS ON OCEANS AND THE LAW OF THE SEA, United Nations Headquarters New York City, June 13-17, 2016